You know you want to add events to your calendar, it’s easy as pie with the now built-in Event Calendar plugin. Let’s take a look at how it works!
The very first time you use it, you will need to set up the category you want to put your event posts in, and set a few settings depending on your preference.
Create the event category:
- Log into the administration console of your website (the Dashboard)
- Click “Manage”
- Click “Categories”
- Click “Add New”
- Enter the name of the category (Events, Library Events, Fun Events, whatever you like), don’t worry about the other fields.
- Click “Add Category”
The rest of the instructions after the jump!
To look at the options and set the event category:
- Log into the administration console of your website. Click on “Options,” then click “EventCalendar.”
- Set the Event Category to the category you just created
- Set any other settings you might like (step 2 is the only essential step).
- Click “Update Options” at the bottom of the page.
To add the Event Calendar widget to your sidebar:
- Click on “Presentation”
- Click on “Sidebar Widgets”
- Drag the “Event Calendar” widget to your sidebar.
- Click “Save Changes”
To add an Event:
- Create a new post (Write -> Post)
- Write the headline and description of your event.
- Scroll down until you see the “Event Editor”
- Click the + symbol to add an event
- Set your start and end times
- Publish your post
You should now see a highlighted day on your Event Calendar. Click on it to see the post for that event!