Ever wanted to make a page devoted to resources external to your library? Resources such as the State Library of Kansas sponsored databases?
Oh you have, have you? Well funny you should ask… here’s how you do it!
- Log into the administration side of your site.
- Click Presentation
- Click Widgets
- Find an empty Text widget
- If you don’t have a blank one, scroll down and increase the number of text widgets that are displaying, and click Save. Then use one of the new ones you’ll see in your “Available Widgets” box.
- Drag it up to one of your sidebars.
- Click the “Configure” box on the right end of the text widget you dragged up. A pop up will appear with a blank white area.
- Copy the following text and paste it into the box:
<form method="post" action="http://ksuc-agent.auto-graphics.com/homepages/customerwide/ValidateGlobalIP.asp?cuid=ksuc&lid=kw9&stfftype=Z&defaultlang=english&qmisc=&s=ESS&mode=S"> <input name="term" type="text" size="18" /> <p></p> <label> <input type="submit" name="Submit" value="Go!" /></label>
- Click the X in the upper right corner.
- Click Save Changes (VERY IMPORTANT)
You will now have a SLK search box on your sidebar. Those of you a little more advanced with your HTML could paste this into a page and increase the size of the search bar area. The sky’s the limit!